More friends, more support

On Tuesday, I visited friends. I've been isolating since the first path report.  Not wanting to scare people, but without enough information to reassure them.  Between testing, tiredness and assorted chores, sightseeing and etc., I've not seen many people since the surgery.

These friends are a particularly dear resource.  They've faced physical problems, watched friends struggle, and pass away.  They've got the practical information I'll need.   I'd like to say I was gentle with them... But when I got to their house, I gave a big hug and kept hanging on.  I blurted out the entire truth, warts and all.

This is what I needed... long time friends, casual conversation, random musings about the future.  I need the distraction while waiting for Wednesday; I needed to reconnect and feel the love.

I roamed over to a nearby small town to meet another friend at the local yarn shop.  I stopped for dinner and had a wonderful chicken Caesar salad.  The grilled chicken was delightfully warm on the top of the crisp romaine lettuce. 

This yarn shop has an evening Stitch party... when my friend arrived, I gave her the short happy version.... in front of everyone else... yep, just blurted it out again.  The knitters, crocheters and knookers gave  a lot of good energy and prayers.... More reinforcements for this future war.  I need to make a point of going back sometime.  When I walked my friend to her car she asked the pointed question of "how long?"  I gave my standard answer, I want ten more years... but statistically I may have five.

Don't know about knooking?  Here's a <<link>>

It's going to be okay.  There's a lot to do.  I realized today what bad shape my condo is in... I've only got two spots for people to sit.  I need a couple chairs if I'm going to have visitors.


Comments

  1. My friends elsewhere say they like me for my (sometimes blunt) practicality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.