After waiting.... more waiting

It's been a long two months since I last wrote.

I've been battling fatigue and depression while waiting for a clinical trial to open.  Parts of the problem are physical, lung tumor is pressing against lung, making it harder to breathe.  I've also got a painful cough.  Nights I've been taking fever reducers, then sweating. 

This past Monday, I was admitted to the hospital for a clinical trial (I'm very excited).

Only the fevers prevent me from starting the trial.  So we've run tests to find if there is an infection.  No.  Virus? No.

They're giving me a week's antibiotics, and Advil to keep the fever down.  Next Monday I start the study.  I'm in the hospital basically for the next 3 weeks, Monday through Friday.  (as per research protocol.

I'm ready for something to happen....

Comments

  1. How are you doing? Did you get into the clinical trial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An epilogue.

    Julie's adventure with LMS ended peacefully on 9 Oct, 2017. She was at home, her mother and roommate were with her. She fought the fight well.

    The last time she and I visited was when she drove back to indy to bring her daughter a car. Julie stayed with us and visited friends. It was after her 1st go round with the cancer fighting drugs. It is a visit I will treasure.

    Julie and I met in 1979 and became friends instantly. We became closer than sisters. We had our outs at times, but we were there for each other, good and bad.

    Julie left this blog as a resource for fellow LMS travelers. It's part guide book, part resource. To say it has an unhappy ending is a misnomer and a dis to Julie. Yes, she died, and my world is darker without her. But she LIVED the rest of her remaining days with a go get it attitude. May this blog help others starting the journey she completed. May it give your help, may it give you peace.

    For you, Julie, this blog didn't suddenly end. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Myra, for letting us know. I have followed Julie for a long time. I also have uterine cancer but a different kind. I am sad to hear she is gone but also happy she is out of pain and at peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

One more week of my chemo "vacation."