So what do you eat if you know food may taste awful for the next six months?

And I know how this works... My department is always open for employees on light duty.  At one point, a maintenance man was on light duty, he was going through chemo for GIST.  The kitchen staff would fix a plate for him for breakfast, since he had meds he had to take with food. 

He shared my office, so I could smell the glorious food... and he picked at it. 

I know what may be coming.

So knowing I'll have food restrictions, what do I eat now?

Sunday I had chocolate cake for lunch.  and coffee.... not a vegetable or fruit in sight.  It was glorious.  Sunday night I tried a new sushi place.  All you can eat.. but not the buffet type.  Instead, you order rolls, they fix rolls, and you pay a flat price.  Amazing.

I've been reading the rules for eating.  Mostly they are to avoid infection, since chemo is carpet bombing my immune system.  Order drinks without ice, order food without garnishes. I'll need to make a short cheat sheet.  All food needs to be well cooked (over hard eggs, well done steaks, etc.)

So I'll be remembering the sushi and chocolate cake for a while. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.