Week six: my off week.

No chemo this week. I am getting the stitches out of the punch biopsies that Dermatology Department did two weeks ago. I get results next week.

I've been dealing with fatigue, had a quiet weekend. Now back to work.

My roommate and I discussed the outcomes of this. The chemo is because of the liver mets which seems to be a small lesion. There are four lung nodules, all smaller than 2.0 cm. The Gem/Tax is hopefully taking care of those. So the next step will be a PET scan to see if the treatment is working. When this is over I'll be monitored carefully for the rest of my life.

Current side effects include the reaction on my hands, which is responding well to Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief. They tend to throb when my blood pressure is up, so I'm forcing fluids and taking my lisinopril faithfully. I'm taking Advil to control the pain when it is too much. Three weeks ago I resorted to other pain meds, and am grateful I didn't need them this cycle.

This weekend was fatigue filled, but the Neulastin shot didn't cause bone pain... or far less pain than last cycle.

No chemo this week. I'm looking forward to pretending to be normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.