No Chemo for May Restarting June 1, 2015

After the hospital stay at the end of April (for pneumonia, cardiac arythmia, and a urinary tract infection), I'm on steroids for the lungs. No chemo until June 1st.

In the meanwhile. In one week, my sense of taste was back. My sense of smell is actually better than before I got sick. My energy levels are returning to normal after two weeks. My ability to focus and maintain a conversation, almost normal also. I've been knitting a simple lace pattern, and have grown bored with it. This is progress. During Chemo, I was able to do "idiot knitting" -- simple, no fancy stitches.

The skin on my hands is rough, but not painful, and not shedding. I'm moisturizing as much as possible. My feet are the same. (The Hand and Foot Syndrome) So at this point, even the worst symptoms are almost normal.

I'm hoping this short recovery shows how I'll "bounce back" when I can stop chemo completely.

During this hiatus, I'm visiting friends, reconnecting with the world, and enjoying life. When I go back to ChemoLand, I want to remember each of these joys, and know that they will return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.