The Serenity Prayer..

In many 12 Step Programs (and in life in general) The Serenity Prayer is used.

Many times I've heard the interpretation that what "I cannot change" is other people, places and things. "What I can change" is my attitude, my life, my insides.

At one point I decided that my skin was a boundary between what I can change and what I cannot change.

The cancer has changed that. I can't change what is going on inside my body. Now I meditate, focus on light destroying darkness. (or poisoning cats--- see the Schroedinger's Cat post..) I stay calm, focus on friends, happiness, reconnecting.

But I need to change my thoughts about the Serenity Prayer... because I've got new information. My old interpretation doesn't work.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.