Giving back... helping the charities that help cancer patients..

This Saturday, the homeowners association is sponsoring a pillowcase making session for Case for Smiles http://www.conkerrcancer.org/about/ They have changed their name recently, the link is the explanation, and connections to the current name/website. The current website


This charity provides pillowcases to children with cancer when they are admitted to the hospital. Some children are admitted several times for treatment, and they get a new pillowcase each time. These colorful pillowcases help provide a familiar, non-institutional comfort.

I'll be bringing a sewing machine, a few irons and a couple ironing boards to help with this project. This will be the first full day I'm working on something...so it will be interesting. My roommate will be available to drive me home if I tucker out. I understand that a lot of the material is donated, all the time and administrative costs are donated.

The Tampa Bay area sewers have contributed quite a few pillowcases over the last few years. I believe the charity's goal is to make the one millionth pillowcase this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.