Oh, you're one of those....

Recently I met a neighbor, who after I mentioned that I go to a science fiction convention, commented, "Oh, you're one of those." Now, I'm used to vague comments. But I'm not really sure how to take this.

I'm one of those:

Science Fiction Readers
Sci-fi fanfiction readers
Cosplayers
Convention attenders
Convention volunteers

More than my fannish avocations....


I'm one of those...
who won't talk about sex with you
who doesn't share politics or religion attempting to convert.
who wants to understand why someone believes the way they believe. (for both politics and religion).

who does Sudoku before going to bed
who likes reading cozy murder mysteries,
who cringes when she sees spelling/grammar errors (and yet still makes some..)

There's a lot more to me... that might make someone say that.



But here's what you need to know... I'm a nice person, who accepts a wide variety of friends... who come from diverse backgrounds, and beliefs.

Yep, I'm one of those..


Comments

  1. remind me to recommend some cozy mystery writers to you - and see if you have some for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sending one back with Terri this weekend. Lovely mystery, but the title is too close to home to put in the library at the community center.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.