Surgery Scheduled.-- no navel after November 10th.

The last PET scan showed a mass behind my navel. That mass may (or may not) be attached to the abdominal wall, the intestines, or any other organ/ smooth muscle in that area. I'm definitely losing my navel.

Now in Alcoholics Anonymous, people joked about "contemplating your navel." Generally that was spending too much time thinking about yourself..at a time when you needed to get out and get involved with others. I won't be able to literally "contemplate my navel."
It's nice as a decoration on the abdomen. I guess I'll miss it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting the house in order, preparing for a 4 to 6 week period when I can't lift more than five pounds. How much does my coffee cup weigh?

I've bought several oversize t-shirts to wear (so I don't have to move to much to get into regular clothing. And I'm stacking clothing sets, everything I need to wear for a day in a convenient place so I don't have to make decisions, or dig through several drawers to find underwear, shirt and pants. Anything to make life simpler in three weeks.

Ah, and I'm taking a few selfies of my navel.. so I can remember our good times together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.