Holding it together.

Yesterday, I realized just how much of my life I've neglected while I've been sick. You don't need details, but I've made a list of what didn't get done, and who I need to contact to get it done.

That seems so simple when I write it. And on the surface it seems stupid that I haven't filed short term disability for the time I've been sick. I've had (just enough) money to keep me afloat, so I didn't need that money (right now). So now I'm back tracking, filling out paperwork, and filing it. Because I KNOW that in the next few weeks I won't have the energy or stamina to do this. If I don't get it done this week, I'll be that much further behind.

Procrastination, that's what it is. When I'd rather lie in bed and just watch the ceiling fan go around. That seems silly now. But I've spent many hours doing just that. I just didn't have the energy to sit up.... and I didn't have the concentration to remember what needed to be done, much less do it.

So now I have a list, and I'll be knocking things off the list. That's assuming I don't take a long nap, like I did yesterday. At least I did the walk fit program at the community center, so I burned some calories.

At this time in one week, we'll be driving to Tampa to check in for surgery. Trash will be put out. A neighbor will bring the trash bins to the back of the house. Meanwhile, I'm working on today's tasks, including writing a letter to the Moffitt business office explaining what I've not done. I'm guessing I'm not the best or the worst that they have seen. I'll just keep on doing the next right thing, even if it is too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.