wound care continued....(graphic)

It's been a week since I started caring for the open hole in my abdomen. I've changed dressing twice a day.

Here's how I'm coping with some unexpected situations.

The surgical pad wicks the moisture away from my body... however, that means my clothing gets damp. So I'm wearing dark pants/jeans.... but I'm also putting clean dry washcloth over the pad, to gather more moisture.

By the way, pouring Hydrogen Peroxide on cloth removes blood. Not that there is much blood on the washcloths... but enough that I don't want them stained. It's the little things I do that make it better. I'm walking more. Went to a movie today...

The holidays are here. I'm enjoying the lights, the music and the movies.

3 good things:

Finally got to see the Star Wars movie.
Got out and walked in the sunshine... glorious day (I live in Florida...)
Planned the next few days... lots of cleaning and organizing. Room by room. I want this place to feel like home, not a storage unit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.