New hair, Radiation therapy, and future plans

On Monday at the PCP appointment, I mentioned the cruise in November. The doctor suggested a wig, because I'd be meeting people and they'd be put off by my hair. Mom and I discussed the option, and looked at some wigs at a local store. We went looking for a wig specialty store, which I later found online (it was closed Monday).

Tuesday I stacked three appointments at Moffitt. First was pain management, which I'm doing well with the anti-depressant. I hadn't received the pain prescriptions when I left the hospital, and don't need them now.

After lunch at the hospital cafeteria, Mom and I checked out Magnolia's the hair salon at Moffitt. I walked out with a wig, which I was wearing the rest of the day.

Next stop was to get my staples out after a visit with the neurosurgeon and his resident. I'm still on light duty, no lifting over 10 pounds, for another couple months. Back injuries and surgery heal slowly. The surgery went well, and now the radiation will clean out any remaining cancer cells at the spine.

The final stop was at Radiology. Dr. Michael Yu specializes in spinal cord and brain radiology plans. My plan will include 10 treatments, Monday through Friday with weekends off. We were able to set up an appointment on Wednesday to start the process, do a CT scan for comparison, and create a cradle to hold me in place through the treatment. Oh, and I finally get a tattoo... three. There will be three small dots tattooed on my torso to help position my spine for each treatment.

I didn't know much about radiation therapy, but feel comfortable with this team. After radiation, I'll go back to chemotherapy (at some point after my cruise)

It's always an adventure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.