What happens to all this stuff?

When my father passed away, I walked into his house and became very aware that every item had to go somewhere else.  The house needed to be sold, it was 90 miles from my home and job.  Everything had to go.  I cleaned it out with the help of the neighbors, and my family.  As the executor, I was responsible for all the work and the paperwork. 

That experience reminded me that I own nothing.  It helps when I pass on more clothes, or more kitchenware.  I really don't need anything.  Part of this is how I bought my home.  My roommate moved in with me in Tampa.  So we had two sets of everything.  Then we bought a manufactured home in a 55+ park.  It was fully furnished with everything from sheets and towels to kitchenware and furniture. So I've been getting rid of excess, and finally everything seems to fit.

My local knitting buddies have had memorial potlucks when a member passes.  They also take care of the yarn stash, so it goes to a good home. My mother and roommate will clean out the personal stuff.  The clothing and other stuff will go to charity (or neighbors who are the right size).

My daughter in Indiana has a full life, and doesn't need my "stuff."  Just shipping it to Indiana is expensive.  So all the furniture stays, and life goes on in my little manufactured home.

I'm packing up some smaller antiques to send to a high school acquaintance who owns an antique store.  So much stuff..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.