Two weeks with the new puppy.

Two weeks ago, my roommate brought home an 8 week old puppy.  She was the runt of a litter with four boys... so she became known as "Sister" aka Sissy.

The timing is good.  I'm recovering from the broken ankle, and now have permission to put full weight on both feet.  So I can walk the dog. Her breed (Australian Sheep dog aka Blue Heeler) requires an active family.  But I'm just getting used to having a puppy (my last puppy was 25 years ago).  Sissy is bringing back wonderful memories of my old dog.

I still miss my cat, but this dog has been delightful.  Roommate is already on board with keeping her when I'm gone.  That was one of my fears, I'd abandon a little furry beast who didn't understand why I was gone.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

One more week of my chemo "vacation."