Two days, two friends, two reactions. (Part I)

So here's where I get worried.  I made arrangements to meet a friend for lunch, and forgot what day, ended up having lunch a day earlier.. which worked out great. 

My exboyfriend (who wants to just be called a friend now... but we were together 16 years...so exboyfriend means more than friend.) lives across the bay, I drove to his house.  We chatted about the surgery and outcome.  We discussed how to tell my daughter.  We discussed sharing this with a mutual friend.  (and will wait until after the appointment Monday... yes, I'm making a list of people to call after that appointment.

He's optimistic, but also realistic. Part of the agenda was asking him to be the caretaker of my family furniture until my daughter is able to come and get it.  He will be involved in cleaning out my condo, getting rid of valuable stuff (he's been eBaying stuff for ages). 

Since he lives about 45 minutes away, he can help, but not daily.  He'll be a good resource for my daughter, regardless of what is happening.

Lunch was at a lovely British Pub in St. Pete.... I had Fish and Chips.. (he recommended a half order... and wow... I'm glad he did.)  <<Click here for a link to Moon Under Water website>>>

We walked around St. Pete, got some photos with the local statues. Afterwards we went to one of the original Dairy Queens... Dairy Inn http://www.dairyinn.com/. Cute little place. 

He kept it light... hoping all will work out.  I genuinely believe it will be okay.  Everybody dies.  I've lived an amazing life.  If this is it... I've done well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.