Bee Gee's Stayin' Alive.....

was playing when Zeque was cutting my hair.  Previously I had decided to shave my head with friends present.  Last Tuesday, I went to Zeque and told him what I wanted to do, and what was going on. 

He talked me out of the shaved head.  Now, I walked out of his shop looking fabulous.  Yesterday everyone commented on the haircut.  I got lot of love for the haircut.  How good is Zeque?  I've lost about 15 pounds in the past 2 months.  No one noticed.  I get a haircut and everyone comments that I look skinnier. 

Zeque has lost friends.... cancers, AIDS, other long term debilitating diseases.  He's seen the effect of chemo on hair... assures me that I need to wait and see.  Maybe I won't look like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I needed his voice of reason. 

We also talked about the early AIDS epidemic, how scary it was, so little information.  And now AIDS is a chronic condition for some.  Every day they take a large number of pills, and keep going.  We've learned about the immune system... how it works, how it doesn't. 

So somehow Stayin' Alive seemed like a good soundtrack for that haircut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.