Chemo - Cycle 1, Second Monday.. Two drugs.

Today I got both chemo meds:  Gemcitabine and Docetaxel. 

I thought they'd be administered at the same time.  I should have asked.  Not that it mattered.  Ninety minutes for the Gem and sixty minutes for the Tax.  I did get to knit this time... thanks to Joni in the lab who installed the IV when I got my bloodwork drawn.  I'll ask for her next time. 

And the extra hour gave me time to watch Futurama, a Bones re-run (the one with the dead polygamist... but that's another blog...)  and finish (aka run out of yarn) for the gray turban.  (we'll see if it fits or if I need to modify).  I cast on for a black beanie hat in Knitpick stroll black.  It's stash yarn that needs a good light to knit... and the infusion chair is perfect. Plus I like the circulars for the knitting.... rather than the long straight needles. 

No side effects, pleasant company (a woman and husband chatting in the next chair.  Overall a good experience.  I super hydrated.... ended up needing to use the bathroom several times.  They've got grape juice in the infusion center lobby... yum.  

I left a Burn Notice book for the Infusion lending library.  They've got a great Star Trek fiction library...I'll be adding knitting books and general interest books as I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.