Chemo - Cycle 2 - Round one.

Met with the oncologist discussed a port vs. PICC line.  Decided on a port. (longer use, less fiddly on a daily basis, lower risk of infection, best option for me at this time. )  She determined the rash on my hands needed a dermatology consult.  I was whisked over to dermatology (in another building on the USF campus). 

His conclusion: I'm washing my hands too much.  or with the wrong soap, or both.  And I need to moisturize.  And don't soak in Epson salts....even if it feels good.

Painful feet, but I can still walk on the ball of my foot, just not the heel.  Ah, and I may have found part of the problem.  I've been using the cat's bathroom... there's a sisal mat from IKEA.... very rough on feet, (but the cat loves it.)... so now I'm avoiding that irritant. 

Friday I've got minor surgery scheduled to get the port.  Then Monday is Day #8 with gem/tax combination.

Zeque was right (my hairdresser), the short cut is working well.  Others can't see that I'm losing my hair, and the shorter strands are less annoying to pick up .  My mother was right, the lint roller picks up the lost hair quickly and easily.  IKEA has cheap lintrollers, and I recently got three.  Which works well since cleaning my pillow, sheets each day is taking about 4 samples.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.