They lied to you.... Rant

Recently I went to a weight loss seminar with a friend.  It was a sales pitch, carefully crafted, but I wasn't the target audience.  One of the frequent refrains was "They lied to me."  They, of course, being the government, the pharmaceutical companies, the medical community, etc. 

This group offered a simple solution to weight loss.... a few minutes exercise each day (buy the DVD) and a few simple rules to change the way you eat.  Because everything you know is wrong.

Wow, how nice, for a few dollars and changing how I eat, I can get healthy.  But they had already planted some trap doors in the presentation.  "Don't look at your scale...it doesn't show how healthy you are." 


Please don't tell me that grapefruit/vitamins/herbs will cure me.  This is not a simple problem.  There is not a simple fix.  I understand that my illness scares some people.  I've already gotten the question, "What did you do to get this?"  I suspect that was fear.... the real question is "what do I do to avoid this?"  -- Since it was a man asking the question, he's exempt from Uterine LMS. 

I understand.  People want to know that they are doing the right thing... But would they change what they are doing if they were doing the wrong thing?  Don't know.  Drink more water, exercise more, people just don't do it. 

Studies are showing that the sedentary lifestyle is horribly damaging.  <<Here's a good basic link to this info, there are lots of others... just google it>>> What are we doing to be more active? 

I find the seminar interesting... I wonder if others were as skeptical as I... or if they were buying the "Everything you know is wrong; they lied to you." mantra.  Generally, I think we want to be lied to.... we want someone to say, "It's not your fault."  or you can control this random misfortune.

Ultimately, you can't control what bad things happen.  BUT you can control your reaction and your attitude. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.