Into the Hospital... Mon- Thurs last week of April

It was a Monday morning. I checked my appointments, seeing my oncologist, chemo was cancelled due to problems the previous week. I know I'm out of shape... too much fatigue, too little time upright. My heart was racing. I was hauling my knitting bag, with a couple books... okay, about 15 pounds of activities for the several hours I'd be at the infusion center.

I didn't eat breakfast, figured I'd grab some cheesy grits at the hospital cafeteria. So I went into the appointment, tired, frazzled and run down. Only it was more than that. The reason I was wheezing and tired was pneumonia.... and the heart racing worried the doctor ("Gee Doc, I'm just out of shape...")

So they called down to the Referral Center (what a nice name for Admissions). I hung out there... was poked, prodded, tested and my clothes were stored in my knitting bag. I wasn't getting enough oxygen (due to the pneumonia...)

Long story short, (too late) I was admitted, and spent the last four days of April in the hospital. Discharged on a couple new medications, including an anti-biotic for the UTI they found.

Now I feel fantastic. The lung issue and UTI were running me down. Even the Oncologist says I look great when I saw her the following Monday.

The nurses were fantastic. I got a new allergy. I was listed as a falls risk... quite a blow to my ego...(I'm not that old.... but I was that fragile during those days.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.