I didn't ring the bell....yesterday

The tradition at some cancer centers is that after the last treatment, the patient rings a bell. There's a ships' bell installed at Moffitt Cancer Center's Infusion Center.

Yesterday was the last of the six cycles that were discussed when I first consulted with Dr. Chon. Friday I have a CT scan, to see if these 6 cycles (and a 6 week break) worked.

It didn't feel right to ring the bell. Dr. Chon and I have already discussed a possible 2 more cycles, to make up for the "chemo vacation" I took due to the pneumonia.

I will ring the bell....even if I have to make a special trip after the Dr. appointment on the 20th, when we review the CT results.


3 Good Things for today:
1. I finished the 6 original cycles.
2. I rescheduled an important phone call.
3. I get to knit today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.