Maybe I've already talked about this... 3 possible futures.

For the past 7 months, I've been living with three futures.

Until we know how effective the chemotherapy is, my future might be:
A. NED (No Evidence of Disease)
B. Liver Tumor reduced, but not eliminated, more treatment (chemo, radiation, surgery) necessary.
C. Nothing worked, call Hospice.

I assume there are other options, but I only need to process three general futures at a time.

I've got running lists for each of these. Some overlap (Do short term disability paperwork, apply for disability, write out a will, decide who gets what, and when.) Ultimately, I just need to know if I'll be around for 6 months or 6 years or 16 years. (How much yarn do I need so I don't run out while my hands need to knit...)

Here are some of the plans on hold:
Where do I live? The current condo is perfect for who I was a year ago. I need a less expensive home, but don't want to move far from Moffitt, if B is the outcome. If A, move to cheaper place, and enjoy. If C, might as well stay here, no energy, reason to move.

What about my belongings? If A, I can keep it all and just go on. If B, might as well purge a bit, but only the unnecessary. If C, make lists, send items away quickly.

What about my family heirlooms? If A, hang on. If B or C, move to ex-boyfriend's house, and wait for daughter to pick up.

As a comedian said about dying (maybe George Burns?) I don't buy green bananas. Maybe I'll be able to get unripe fruit soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.