Surgery Prep

Recently, talking to a friend, I realized that I don't remember the last surgery. I've blocked it out of my mind, or just conveniently forgotten it. I don't remember the pain, the days or nights. I vaguely remember being picked up at the hospital... being happy to see my friend who was bringing me home.

Maybe that is best for now. I'm preparing for the after surgery. I'll have the dishes on the counter, so I don't have to reach for them. All the laundry is caught up. I've laid out clothing for the first two weeks. I love my giant t-shirts (2X or larger), which I wear as a housedress when I don't feel well.

The mobile is still needing lots of work. I'd hate for anyone to see it right now, but I'm sure neighbors will eventually come in. Everyone has been so kind. Many are offering to bring food. I've been meeting a lot of new people as the Canadians and other Northerners come down. So it will be a quiet week.

Today is the last day before I start the medicines for surgery. Only clear liquids Sunday and Monday. I bought Jello just for this. I figure I'll lose a bit more weight from this... Two days of liquids, whatever weight is removed with the tumor and then pain meds and sleeping for a week or so. Yep, nice quiet week.

I've got some books I'm reading, I've read them before, so I don't need to pay much attention, and can just drift in and out of pain and pain meds.

Ah, the joys of being a cancer patient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.