2:40 a.m. and I can't sleep

Yesterday was a busy day. Touring the places we'll be staying at Christmas time. My mother and I visited with a friend who acted as a local tour guide. This holiday visit will be special for my mother. This will be the first time she's had her children together for her birthday since the 1980's.

We will be going on a dinner cruise to celebrate.

I'm feeling good. The chemo has burned off. I'm eating better since Mom is around. Each day, I'm trying to walk further and work on the paperwork I need to complete.

There are many events to look forward to:
My sci-fi convention next weekend.
My cruise with my friend Judy.
The December visit with my Mom and sister.
The January visit with my high school friend.

Treatment wise: Next week I start radiation to "sterilize" the area near the spine. The tumor was removed, but they couldn't get clean margins due to the location.... twined around the spinal cord. Ten radiation treatments, then a cruise, then Yolandis--- which is a maintenance chemo drug.

I need to keep my regular schedule with radiation-- so I don't get weaker. It sounds like fatigue is a possibility - but staying active (walking) helps prevent fatigue.

Over the next two weeks, I'm working on the house. There's still clutter and boxes from when we moved. The three month goal is to pain the walls, but first I have to get rid of stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.