Handwritten journal entries.... mundane and emotional.

I keep a hand-written journal which I don't share until after some time has passed. Generally it is mundane or emotional things which I document that way. As I've said before, I'm sharing this so others will see what treatment is like. But I also don't want to scare people who love me. (you'll see what I mean with the last entry. What a difference a couple months makes!)

Here are some entries from my paper journal:

Monday 11/16/2015
Flea treated the cat.
Thank you notes to Joyce and Joyce.
Showered.
Knitting Pink Mary Maxim Old Shale Afghan.


Criminal Case Level 90. Case #31.

11/27/2015
Per Dr. Chon on Wednesday, Tumor was benign. Still have drain.
Resting pulse rate: 70


12/1/2015 Tuesday
Coffee meeting, found out about Bingo. Costs approx. $7. Working on holiday cards. Got a lot done, only need a few more addresses.

Resting Pulse Rate: 91 (need to walk more)

12/13/20015 Sunday
Stitches from surgery open. James is still in Orlando, I'm still on 5 pound restriction & can't drive. When they re-stitch me I may still be unable to drive.

12/22/2015
Well, they didn't re-stitch me. I've been dealing with wound care for a week. We seem to be making progress.


12/24/2015
I got my disability payment yesterday. Today I made the car payment. I'm going to the grocery and to pay Brighthouse (cable and Internet) I saw Star Wars and have been quite lazy. James is in San Antonio and I'm bored.


1/1/2016 Friday
Frustrating day yesterday. I handled it well, but then cried last night.

4/21/2016

Waiting for appointment with Supportive Care at Moffitt. On Monday, I get PET/CT results from Dr. Chon. Various locations are getting larger. But I feel well.

I seems the two options that will be considered by the Tumor Board are: continue the AI or go to the next chemo. Doxycycline. It has the same side effects as GEM/TAX, but now I know what to expect. I'll be stocking up with yogurt and easy to fix food.

6/1/2016
Started Doxorubicin (aka the "red devil") yesterday. I feel good. The pre-meds are the reason--- steroids.

I've done four loads of laundry. Called Target to fix my Red Card, Got the cremation contract signed. I'm ready to write the invitations to the Turkey Dinner.

6/15/2016

Weight steady at 174#. Appetite down. Hair is starting to fall out when I comb it. Monday I got my new driver's license. I've got a package to mail to my daughter. Her husband has hernia repair surgery (it's a long story).

Maybe because I'm outside more, I am sweating on my neck. Next cycle of Red Devil is in a week or so.

I'll shave when my hair starts looking really ratty & uneven. Then I'll be back to scarves and sunscreen. So far, I can't use the pool. Still have a bit of a hole from November's surgery. That hole may or may not connect with the vagina--- what is known as a fistula, according to a recent scan.


9/8/2016
Yep, fell behind in my journal. Major back pain. New meds-- Neurontin.... No let me start with the silly numbers: I'm currently on level 272 in Criminal Case. I've stopped playing the Soda Crush games.

My friend has mad reservations for a cruise to Cozumel. My cat, Cole, disappeared about 2.5 weeks ago. The stray cat showed up for the first time since Cole disappeared.

I'm fantasizing about painting the home- especially inside this Fall.. That's a lot of work: washing, patching, Kilzing and painting.

9/16/2016
It just hurts. My back aches, spasms and hurts. The oxycodone helps some. But right now it hurts to sit on the couch, and hurts to get off it. No pain meds today. I slept most of the morning. If I find the right position, it doesn't hurt - or the pain meds are working.

Then after a while, I'm back in pain. Yesterday was the PET/CT scan. I'm hoping it shows what is causing the pain. If not, I'll be getting another type of scan.

9/18/2016
I've read the PET/CT scan report. It's now in my spine. That's why I'm in pain. And I can expect to be in pain for the rest of my life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.