Status check.... 4/11/2017 brain scan

So Tuesday, I was due for a visit to my neurology surgeon. It's been 6 months since I had the amazing surgery. He wanted MRI of the spine, and a follow up appointment. On Monday I saw my oncologist. Sometimes what actually happens doesn't match the schedule. Labwork, check. Then to Dr.'s office. Only she hadn't gotten the operation notes from my orthopedic surgeon.

Mom and I went to lunch in the cafeteria (which has been re-modeled, and looks great). The cafeteria has new stations, sushi, Italian, burgers & fries, salad bar, etc.  In December when I was in the hospital, they had a fantastic food system.  I'd get a menu, order what I wanted, and it was delivered to my room in about 30-45 minutes.  Naturally, they were checking for diet restrictions.  No cold food that had been waiting around until someone had time to deliver it.  I let the kitchen runners know that I appreciated them. 

When Mom and I got back from lunch, the ARNP met with us.  Since an MRI was already scheduled for Tuesday, and I had fallen, they wanted to do an MRI of the head.  The ARNP doubted that there was any leiomyosarcoma in the brain, but this would establish a baseline.

 Back to Tuesday.  MRI, with no contrast to my spine and head.  Now I see why they ask if someone is claustrophobic.  I was in the MRI for 90 minutes.  Then went to meet with the neurology surgeon.  His fellow (a full MD who is working on his specialty) showed the MRI results on his phone... Clear-- both the brain and spine. 

So here's the score:
Julie winning: uterus, liver, spinal cord.
Cancer winning: lungs, tumor in pelvis. 

Not bad so far.  Big tumors are gone, small tumors are shrinking. 

Report from last week:  Heart ejection fraction is still good; I can continue on Yondelis.  Blood flow to the brain is good. 

So we keep going. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

Research update. Letrezole use for 10 years post breast cancer.