Coughing up blood... that's a good thing, right?

Gilda Radner was right.... It's always something.

Tonight I coughed... and spit up blood.  I'll call if it gets worse.  I'm leaving a message to let my oncologist know. 

I choose to believe that it is a good thing.   That the chemo is killing the lung lesions, and they are exiting this way.

There's probably a negative way to view this.

UPDATE: 6/4/2017

It happened again.  I think I know what triggered it.  I generally am sitting/standing straight.  When I bent over for several minutes to lean into a friend's car window to talk, I started with the blood again.

Per the doctor on call at Moffitt.  This is not an unusual side effect.  If it gets worse, call and come into the hospital.  So far, it stops after about an hour.  But that's a strange, scary hour.  It gets my attention.

My next scan will be in a few weeks.  We'll find out then if a lesion is "missing."  Hopefully, I have coughed one up....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After waiting.... more waiting

Possible scenarios.... outcomes... and preparing for the future.

One more week of my chemo "vacation."